Okay, what I’m about to tell you will blow your mind! So get yourself ready. Did you know Google Chrome have a game? Have you ever noticed a T-Rex image along side the “no Internet connection” error message when using google chrome? I have but it wasn’t until today that I questioned why it exist. What could a Tyrannosaurus possibly symbolize? It turns out, it is actually a game. Dino Run is the name, doesn’t that sound so fancy?. The best part is that you can play it on your smart phone as well but i think it’s only if you are using google chrome. I am assuming the object of the game is to jump over as many cactuses as possible but it’s more about beating boredom from being disconnected to the internet.
I found out there is a whole fan base and community around this game. There is even websites dedicated to the game so you don’t even have to wait for your devices to disconnect. This website claims it is compatible with Chrome, Firefox, Safari and your mobile device. Of course, you can always just turn on Airplane mode if you don’t want to do all that or waiting for the WiFi to disappear. Imagine how much fun train rides could be now. No more awkward back and forth eye contact with the person seating across from you. You can even play this game when you’re at school. ? hmm I think I know what I’ll be doing in the next Digital Storytelling Class meet up ?.
If you are a PC user ***with Chrome installed and is your default browser or the browser you are using while you’re not connected to the internet:
- Press the space bar to start playing
- Use the up arrow key to jump
- Use the down arrow key to duck
- The other option is to either go to chromedino.com or turn on Airplane mode then type anything in the search box ***in chrome***. Press enter after typing and you will get the error page shown below.
If you are using Google Chrome on your smart phone
- When reached the error page, click on the T-Rex image and the game will start.
- Swipe up to jump
- Swipe & hold down to duck
- Again the other options is you can either go to the website or turn on airplane mode
Lastly, enjoy this homemade video of my first try (failed attempt) at Dino Run I uploaded on my YouTube channel.
If anyone is curious, the background music is “Treasure” by Sounds from the Ground,